HNSciCloud Pre-Commercial Procurement Open Market Consultation (OMC)
On the 17th of March 2016, CERN hosted the HNSciCloud Pre-Commercial Procurement Open Market Consultation (OMC) event.
The event brought together over 40 representatives of European public-private cloud service providers. The main objective of the Pre-Commercial Procurement Open Market Consultation was to announce the joint science cloud platform for the European research community. The cloud platform will combine several sub-challenges requiring a combination of services at the IaaS level integrated into an environment supporting the full life-cycle of science work-flows.
The PCP will develop a set of requirements for cloud services addressing the needs of a group of buyers from across Europe that serve multiple data-intensive research communities. The R&D services to be developed will need to be integrated with the resources in data centres operated by the buyers group and European-scale publicly funded e-Infrastructures using open source solutions to build a hybrid platform on which a competitive marketplace of European cloud players can develop their own services for a wider range of users beyond research and science.
For more information about HNSciCloud please download this presentation. Check out the Prior Information Notice (PIN)! Click here.
Information session (10:00 -12:00)
- 09:30 - 10:00 Coffee and registration
- 10:00 - 10:30 Introduction to HNSciCloud, Bob Jones, CERN - Presentation, Recording
- 10:30 - 11:00 PICSE (Procurement for Cloud Services Innovation in Europe) Results and Q&A, Sara Garavelli, Trust-IT Services - Presentation, Recording
- 11:00 - 11:35 System architecture & technical requirements, Helge Meinhard (CERN) - Presentation, Recording
- 11:35 - 12:30 PCP methodology and legal contractual aspects, Karen Ernst (CERN), Christophe Veys (CERN) Recording
HELIX NEBULA PARTNERSHIP
Helix Nebula is a new, pioneering partnership between leading IT providers and four of Europe’s biggest research centres, CERN, EMBL, ESA and PIC, charting a course towards sustainable cloud services for the research communities - the Science Cloud.