Open standards for ICT procurement: Sharing of Best Practices, 3 December 2014, Brussels, Belgium
Under Digital Agenda, the European Commission commits itself through Action 23 to provide guidance on the link between ICT Standardisation and Public Procurement in order to help public authorities use standards to promote efficiency and reduce lock-in.
As a matter of fact, using ICT open standards results in:
- Higher savings when procuring ICT
- An increased level of competition among suppliers
- Being compliant with EU Public Procurement directives
The "Open standards for ICT procurement: Sharing of Best Practices" workshop takes place in Brussels - at DG CONNECT - on December 3rd, 2014. The Workshop will be a great opportunity to meet MSP members, procurement managers, policymakers and ICT suppliers to discuss how to effectively reduce lock-in by using Open Standards.
The main goals of the event are:
- Share some good practice examples about ICT procurement;
- Stimulate the debate around the next steps / new ideas for DAE Action 23;
- Present a first set of insights on the state of the art of ICT public procurement using standards through Europe.
Click here to view the agenda https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/community/open_standards_ict/event/open-standards-ict-procurement-sharing-best-practices
HELIX NEBULA PARTNERSHIP
Helix Nebula is a new, pioneering partnership between leading IT providers and four of Europe’s biggest research centres, CERN, EMBL, ESA and PIC, charting a course towards sustainable cloud services for the research communities - the Science Cloud.