Cloudscape 2016 Opening session: all about procurement of cloud services! (8th March 2016)
Procurement of cloud services is the hot topic of the opening session of Cloudscape 2016.
A Digital Single Market will enable better public procurement of cloud services in Europe by facilitating common definitions of requirements and increasing the potential for joint procurement across borders. Pooling common public requirements could bring higher efficiency, reduce costs and enable interoperability. Higher quality services, more competition, rapid standardisation and better market opportunities for SMEs can also benefit the private sector.
If you are in Brussels, join us! REGISTER NOW!
The sesssion "Towards better public procurement of cloud services in Europe" starts at 11:45 am CET
Chair: Bob Jones, CERN & Coordinator, PICSE & HNSciCloud
Introduction from Dirk van Rooy, Head of Sector European Cloud Partnership, European Commission
- Nicky Stewart, Skyscape Cloud, UK G-Cloud provider
- Tony Richards, CTO & Cloud Security Advisor for HM Government, UK
- Linda Strick, Business Developer, Fraunhofer FOKUS
- Marc-Elian Bégin, Co-founder, SixSq
- David Bicket, Cloud Industry Forum
- Challenges in procuring cloud services
- Best practices in Europe: UK G-Cloud and others
- How joint procurement can speed up adoption
- Call for action for policy makers and service providers in relation to DSM Action #16.
HELIX NEBULA PARTNERSHIP
Helix Nebula is a new, pioneering partnership between leading IT providers and four of Europe’s biggest research centres, CERN, EMBL, ESA and PIC, charting a course towards sustainable cloud services for the research communities - the Science Cloud.